Many people have clutter in their homes. However, when belongings begin to have a severe impact on daily life, it may be considered hoarding. Read on for information about the dangers of hoarding and how your local hauling company may be able to assist you:
What Is Hoarding?
- According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, hoarding is the compulsive purchasing, acquiring, and saving of items that have little or no value. One of the most common symptoms of hoarding is cluttering one’s home to the point that it limits the home’s functional living space. Most hoarders have an inability to discard items or experience anxiety at the thought of getting rid of any of their possessions. They experience shame and embarrassment associated with their belongings and homes. They may feel overwhelmed or anxious when considering their properties.
What Are the Dangers of Hoarding?
- The risks of hoarding are significant and varied. Hoarders often put themselves and their families in danger by creating fire hazards and unsanitary conditions. In severe cases, the Department of Public Health can condemn a dwelling or order an individual out of a property if the building is deemed unsuitable for living as a result of hoarding.
What Are Possible Remedies of Hoarding?
- Hoarding can range from mild to severe. If your belongings begin to impact the daily life of you or a loved one, it may be time to seek the help of a health provider or mental health professional. If your home is posing a healthy or safety hazard, you will need to begin rehabbing your space. Contact a hauling professional for assistance with appliance removal, elimination of household waste, and overall hoarding cleanup.
If you are in need of professional hauling services in San Diego, contact Silverback Hauling & Demolition at (619) 618-0676. We specialize in household hauling, yard cleanup, demolition, and junk removal. Call us today to learn more about our family-owned and -operated business.
How much do you know about hoarding? This condition causes sufferers to amass and refuse to discard excessive amounts of items. Despite its popularization by television shows, hoarding is a serious problem that is, unfortunately, quickly becoming a public health concern. While many homes have excessive clutter, the mass amount of debris that hoarders acquire can lead to dangerous living conditions, fire hazards, and more. Because of this, some cities have even gone so far as to amass task forces responsible for managing hoarding dilemmas.
If you are in need of assistance with cleanup, debris removal, or hauling associated with hoarding, contact Silverback Hauling & Demolition at (619) 618-0676. Serving San Diego and the surrounding area, our full service hauling, demolition, and junk removal company offers experienced and professional help for projects of all sizes and scopes. Visit us online or call us today to learn more about our services.
Silverback Hauling & Demolition offers hauling and demolition services to the San Diego area. We can ensure that reusable materials are recovered and waste is completely removed. Our practices ensure that the area is clean and ready for use. Call us at (619) 618-0676 to schedule a consultation.
- The demolition of the home in this ThisOldHouse.com article yielded several reusable components.
- These ideas from Good Housekeeping can help you organize your garage during spring cleaning.
- Visit NYTimes.com to learn about the neighborhoods that were demolished in New York City after Hurricane Sandy.
- Read this article from HGTV.com for some great tips on getting rid of clutter in each room of your home.
- Learn about the benefits of responsible demolition on MSN.com.